jspawnhelper's sometimes problematic use of argv0

Thomas Stüfe thomas.stuefe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 18:20:51 UTC 2023

Hi Daniel,

thank you for that thorough analysis. I opened
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8310265 to track this issue.

Looking at the code, this should be easy to fix, we would not even have to
fix jspawnhelper itself, just its spawn point.

I did a small patch which seemed to work. But this code is notorious for
being tricky and I may overlooking something. Lets see.

Cheers, Thomas