RFR: 8336267: Method and Constructor signature parsing can be shared on the root object

Claes Redestad redestad at openjdk.org
Mon Aug 12 14:27:36 UTC 2024

On Mon, 15 Jul 2024 04:05:55 GMT, Chen Liang <liach at openjdk.org> wrote:

> A straightforward optimization, to share the signature parsing of method, constructor, and field between the root and the copied objects, like how method handle accessors are shared.

There are a lot of transient volatile fields in this code. Could anything be done to make the various `Repository` classes more `final` and less `transient`/`volatile` here so that they can be safely published without synchronization, making it more obviously correct that we can safely pick them up from a shared root node (which might more typically be accessed concurrently and thus more exposed to races)?