RFR: 8322420: [Linux] cgroup v2: Limits in parent nested control groups are not detected [v21]

Jan Kratochvil jkratochvil at openjdk.org
Mon Aug 19 08:14:54 UTC 2024

On Sat, 17 Aug 2024 05:29:31 GMT, Jan Kratochvil <jkratochvil at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The testcase requires root permissions.
>>
>> Fix by  Severin Gehwolf.
>> Testcase by Jan Kratochvil.
>
> Jan Kratochvil has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 12 commits:
>
>  - Functionality fixes after the refactorization
>  - Fix up compilation
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into master-cgroup
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into master-cgroup
>  - Testcase update upon review by Severin Gehwolf
>  - Testcase update upon review by Severin Gehwolf
>  - Inline adjust_controller() twice
>  - Revert "Unify 4 copies of adjust_controller()"
>
>    This reverts commit 77a81d07d74c8ae9bf34bfd8df9bcaca451ede9a.
>  - Implement vm.cgroup.tools
>  - Use Metrics.systemMetrics().getProvider()
>  - ... and 2 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/compare/07352c67...f06645f2

As we cannot find an agreement even on the comment in the testcase and this pull request will have soon an anniversary, proposing:
- check-in the fix from a separate pull request as it is whole your fix anyway
- I will just file this testcase into JBS, keep it downstream and close this pull request
- or you can also check it in together with this testcase in any way, shape or form as long as there isn't stated my name