RFR: 8338146: Improve Exchanger performance with VirtualThreads

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.org
Tue Aug 20 20:50:03 UTC 2024

On Tue, 20 Aug 2024 19:28:15 GMT, Doug Lea <dl at openjdk.org> wrote:

>  However, it occurred to me that sometime soon, a version of the whole j.u.c tck suite should be created to use virtual threads. Which would not be easy, but might uncover something surprising?

The j.u.c tests are run with JTREG_TEST_THREAD_FACTORY=Virtual in one of higher tiers so they are at least run with the "main thread" as a virtual thread. We have more tests in java/lang/Thread/virtual that exercise some of the j.u.c APIs including SQ and LTQ so some coverage. It might be that we have to build up more tests over time or have the existing tests driven by thread factories that can be configured.