RFR: 8338716: Re-visit "interrupt handling" in jdk.internal.loader.Resource

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.org
Wed Aug 28 06:35:24 UTC 2024

On Tue, 27 Aug 2024 21:57:16 GMT, Brent Christian <bchristi at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Vestiges of it remain in jdk.internal.loader.Resource.getBytes(), and should be removed.

Yes, but aside from cleanup, this also fixes a bug where it clears the interrupt status and doesn't restore it. Good to get this fixed.

src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/loader/Resource.java line 89:

> 87:         // can propagate upwards without being caught too early
> 88:         InputStream in = cachedInputStream();
> 89:         int len = getContentLength();

Pre-existing question but I wonder if this should move into the try block so that the input stream is closed in the event of getContentLength failing.