RFR: 8333796: Add missing serialization functionality to sun.reflect.ReflectionFactory

David M. Lloyd duke at openjdk.org
Thu Aug 29 14:40:24 UTC 2024

On Mon, 12 Aug 2024 18:18:04 GMT, Roger Riggs <rriggs at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The tests should include serializing some sample JDK classes that include a hierarchy of 2-4 levels. It would help fles any interactions in the sequencing of calling the default serialization for each of a concrete class's supertypes.

I'm having some difficulty with this, first of all finding a good candidate JDK class which would be accessible from the test which has multiple levels of serializable hierarchy. Secondly AFAICT this change doesn't relate in any way to sub/superclass calling sequencing (that would be the caller's responsibility). The API deals strictly with a single level of a class hierarchy at a time. So, I'm not quite clear on what else to check; the tests I have presently will verify that the method meets its contract, but if there's some subtlety I missed (very possible) then I'd like to add tests for those case(s).