RFR: 8323552: AbstractMemorySegmentImpl#mismatch returns -1 when comparing distinct areas of the same instance of MemorySegment [v2]

Peter Levart plevart at openjdk.org
Thu Jan 11 13:30:44 UTC 2024

> I belive there is a bug in `AbstractMemorySegmentImpl#mismatch` method. It returns `-1` (meaning that regions are equal) when passing the same instance of MemorySegment as both `srcSegment` and `dstSegment` parameters regardless of whether `srcFromOffset` and `dstFromOffset` as well as `srcToOffset` and `dstToOffset` are also equal.
>
> Am I right?

Peter Levart has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  move special-case check for equal segments to the instance method (more probable)

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17354/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17354/files/7bcf0273..5112839b

Webrevs: