Does anyone have context on jdk.httpserver?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Jan 22 09:08:19 UTC 2024

On 22/01/2024 08:43, Robert Engels wrote:
> See github.com/robaho/httpserver  for a more capable fork of the JDK code.
>
> Would love to create a PR to move the core changes back into the JDK but the net-dev folks don’t seem to be interested

As I recall, it wasn't really possible to do any assessment because the
"contribution" wasn't covered by the OCA. In addition, I think you said
in one of the mails that it includes code from another project (for
websocket or HTTP upgrade?) and it's a big deal to have to import and
work through the license issues with 3rd party code.

At a high level it seems reasonable to update the HTTP server
implementation to work better with virtual threads but updating it to be
a more fully featured HTTP server goes beyond what this HTTP server
was/is intended for.

-Alan