jpackage requests permission via a dialog

Michael Hall mik3hall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 03:44:25 UTC 2024

I’m not following what the .DS_Store file has to do with anything, other than being a Mac feature that’s occasionally a nuisance when the files end up in zip’s or elsewhere where you don’t want them.

I’m also not sure if that was my explanation or Alexander’s you’re talking about. Using the osascript to run the dmg gives the dmg a look more like other distributed macOS applications.

If that doesn’t matter to you then you could use jpackage to create a standalone app image and hdiutil a dmg for it. Opening it will show the files, period. Or use Disk Utility to create a dmg would also work. I’ve done that sometimes. Then you don’t have to remember the hdiutil command line usage.