RFR: 8325567: jspawnhelper without args fails with segfault [v7]

Aleksey Shipilev shade at openjdk.org
Fri Mar 8 09:23:54 UTC 2024

>>> 28:  * @bug 8325567
>>> 29:  * @requires (os.family == "linux") | (os.family == "aix")
>>
>> Unless I'm mistaken, jspawn helper is used on Mac as well.
>
> Yes indeed, it is used for all Unix OSes (that is, everything but Windows).

I think what matters for this test test most is which platforms we build `jspawnhelper` for, and those platforms indeed are:

ifeq ($(call isTargetOs, macosx aix linux), true)
  $(eval $(call SetupJdkExecutable, BUILD_JSPAWNHELPER, \

So I'd say we just add `(os.family == "mac")` here. I would find it a bit weird to ask for `os.family != "windows"`, which would implicitly rely on exhaustiveness of current os family types.