RFR: 8326979: (jdeps) improve the error message for FindException caused by InvalidModuleDescriptorException

Jaikiran Pai jpai at openjdk.org
Fri Mar 15 01:29:37 UTC 2024

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 17:35:22 GMT, Mandy Chung <mchung at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Trivial fix.  Improve the error message to print the cause of the module resolution failure if present.

Hello Mandy, this change to use the underlying cause of `ResolutionExcepion` and `FindException` when reporting the error message, appears OK to me.

I didn't know if `ResolutionException` too wraps the actual cause underneath, so I looked around a few JBS issues where `ResolutionException` was reported as being thrown and it does appear that the actual cause lies underneath. So I think this change is fine.