RFR: JDK-8319516 - Native library suffix impact on the library loading in AIX- Java Class Loader [v5]

Suchismith Roy sroy at openjdk.org
Tue Mar 26 09:49:27 UTC 2024

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 20:02:16 GMT, Mandy Chung <mchung at openjdk.org> wrote:

> dcstartup fails because it fails to load an agent library specified via `-agentlib:am_ibm_16` that was fixed by JDK-8320005. I assume that's what you referred to "J9 had for a long time". This does not use `System::loadLibrary`. It's unclear if any JNI native library is changed to load from an archive object. Any customer reporting this issue?

So when this was reported in J9, the fix was made at the classloader level. Thats when i replicated this change to OpenJDK.
But on further debug i saw that in this case, directly the hotspot code was called and the classloader was not in picture.

I need to confirm about customer issue again. I will do that in a few days.
But is there any particular reason why we don't support loading shared archives via loadLibrary() ? It can be an insurance against future issues too.