Compiling Device IO

Dell Green Dell.Green at ideaworks.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 14:43:41 UTC 2014

Hi Guys,

Just for interest sake i decided to try and compile Device I/O directly on my Raspberry Pi with Arch linux on it, as opposed to using the linaro cross compiler tools.

I used OpenJDK 1.7.0_60 and found a bug in Line 63 in the following java file.

src/se/classes/com/oracle/dio/utils/Configuration.java

/**
     * Returns system property value by the given key using a privileged call.
     *
     * @param key property key
     * @return property value
     */
    public static String getSystemProperty(String key) {
        return AccessController.doPrivileged(new PrivilegedAction<String>() {
                public String run() {
                    return System.getProperty(key);
                }
            });
    }

Javac failed due to the method argument should be final due to anonymous inner class usage. Once i changed this it all compiled great and your samples worked great.

Interestingly when i compiled it previously on my linux box with java 8 on it, it didn’t fail. Not sure why that was.

Dell Green
R&D Software Manager
t: (+44)203 668 9870

ideaworks.co.uk
206 Great Portland Street
London W1W 5QJ

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ideaworks Limited. Ideaworks (London) Limited, 206 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5QJ. Company Registration No. 3943726