Search facility for the list archives?

Mark Reinhold mr at sun.com
Sat Aug 25 03:45:06 UTC 2007

> Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 22:19:28 +0400
> From: igor.nekrestyanov at sun.com

> Can we also remove https://openjdk.dev.java.net/robots.txt?
> So sources will be searchable too.

So we're in this weird state where most of our content is on
openjdk.java.net, which is hosted on machines that we control
completely, except for the read-only Subversion repository,
which is on openjdk.DEV.java.net, which runs on top of the
regular old java.net infrastructure.

There are, unfortunately, aspects of the java.net infrastructure
over which we have essentially no control, and I'm afraid that
this robots.txt file is one of them.  Sorry.

In the long run, once we've made our Mercurial repositories
public -- and that will be on machines that we control -- then
we can do whatever we want.  We'll also, eventually, have an
OpenGrok instance set up for the OpenJDK sources.  That should
be much more efficient than Google for searching through the
source code.

- Mark