OpenJDK: Java application Startup

Sandeep Konchady Sandeep.Konchady at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 28 21:04:19 UTC 2007

As Roman mentioned, there is some activity around improving performance
of Java through Java Kernel project. This forum on java.net has some
interesting information, in case you have not already seen it.

http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=22378&tstart=0

As for creating .exe from Java program, it has already been done by gcj,
but I have not seen or heard about significant performance gain or
startup improvements by doing this.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/4860

- Sandeep