Ability to publish test logs and reports for verification

Sandeep Konchady Sandeep.Konchady at Sun.COM
Mon May 21 22:28:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

    Recently while working on using Valgrind with OpenJDK VM I generated
some logs. These have some useful information and could potentially be a
bug. To assess this I would have to either send this few MB file to
everyone on the mailing list or it may bounce due to large size. Most
companies have a secured network behind a firewall. How are these folks
(including me) suppose to publish these logs for engineers to take a
look at to decide if the issue is a real bug or not?

One way is to convert this report into a bug where in I can publish the
log. But what if this is not a bug. What I would like to see happen is
to have a place holder on openjdk.java.net where in folks can upload
their test logs for a predefined period (say a month) after which it
gets deleted. This way OpenJDK community can collaborate on these
results without having to flood every inbox. Have anyone from OpenJDK
team thought about this?

Thanks,
Sandeep