New Group Proposal: OpenJDK Conformance

David Herron David.Herron at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 5 22:40:38 UTC 2007

Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 07:27 -0700, David Herron wrote:
>
>> Andrew John Hughes wrote:

>>> Seconded; Stuart's tools have been invaluable during the development of GNU
>>> Classpath and are equally applicable as general tools for ensuring binary API
>>> compatabillity between releases.
>>>
>> We use some similar tools in-house.
>>
> So, how do they compare to japi-tools? How are they used? Are the
> results of running the tools and the source available to the public? And
> are they intended to become free software as part of openjdk?

These are the tools
    http://www.jcp.org/en/resources/tdk

Seems you need to be a JCP member to access some of those, however the
javatest harness is opensource (as I'm sure you're aware) at
http://jtharness.dev.java.net

I haven't tried running either japitools or sigtest but on IRC you
pointed me to this site
    http://sab39.netreach.com/Software/Japitools/42/
and I find the reports published there pretty nice and useful.

- David Herron