JDK 7 moving to mercurial -- svn repositories

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Oct 9 12:17:01 UTC 2007

Xiomara.Jayasena at Sun.COM wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As many of you know the jdk 7 workspaces will be moving from Teamware to
> Mercurial.  As of now we host svn repositories here:
> https://openjdk.dev.java.net/source/browse/openjdk/jdk/trunk/
> and
> here:
> https://jdk-jrl-sources.dev.java.net/svn/jdk-jrl-sources/jdk7/trunk/
>
> Once JDK 7 moves to Mercurial we would like to know whether there is a
> need to keep the svn repositories out there and if so forever? overlap
> for sometime?  I am trying to figure out what would be best for most
> people.

I don't think there is a need to keep them around, as you have the
zip-ed/tar-ed source code downloads for people just wanting to fetch and
build the 'latest' build, while a source code repository, for me at
least, is the place where the actual work is happening.

And there can be only one of those. ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic