challenge question

Mario Torre neugens at limasoftware.net
Fri Aug 8 11:58:49 UTC 2008

Il giorno gio, 07/08/2008 alle 17.44 -0400, Andy Tripp ha scritto:
> The Challenge page http://openjdk.java.net/challenge/says:
>
> > At the conclusion of the project phase, the Judges will rank the completed projects by the degree of successful completion, the technical merit of the implementation, and the value of the completed project to the community.
>
> Will there really be a ranking of completed projects, since the prize money is the same for each?
> If so, will Sun list the rankings? I'm not requesting that this be done, I'm just curious.
>
> I would like to request, though, that Sun post something about the results.
> Even if it's nothing more than saying something like "all projects were judged to be 'complete' and
> conformed to the rules".
>
> Andy

We are not even yet judged!

I would be against a ranking if the project all equally succeed.

I would instead be personally happy to receive impressions and
suggestions for the projects, because I think the real goal should be to
improve the OpenJDK code base, not just get the money and forget :)

Cheers,
Mario