Heads Up: JDK 7 Linux platforms moving to Fedora 9

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Fri Dec 19 17:32:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 01:57, Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp.org> wrote:
> Are there any "official" GPL binaries for OpenJDK these days?

No, but I encourage Sun and encourage others to encourage Sun
to provide those, at least for Linux where there is a community that cares.

> If there
> are it would be interesting to use these for testing against distro
> produced binaries.

That is the primary purpose for me - comparative testing.
(For the same reason, "proprietary" JDK builds are also valuable
for open source developers)

> But how would be tag these builds as "official"?

I'm not sure I understand the question.
Here "official" means there's been some release engineering love
and an expectation of a minimal level of quality.

Martin