RE-SPIN: JDK 7 build 42 is available at the openjdk.java.net website

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Sun Dec 21 13:36:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 20:58 +0800, Max (Weijun) Wang wrote:
> I'm not a release engineer, but AFAIK, there are 3 kinds of builds
> here we can do at Sun:
>
> 1. Using only the opened repos:
>     Sorry, they do not build.
>
> 2. Using the opened repos plus the binary plugs:
>     Build OK, and -version shows openjdk...
>
> 3. Using the opened repos plus the closed repos:
>     Build OK, also emits the binary plugs, and -version shows JDK...
> This is probably the version you find on http://download.java.net/jdk7/binaries/
> .
>
> The two builds are probably using different environment variables also.

Thanks Max.

1) is what we do with IcedTea, although we don't publish any binaries,
but the various distros do.
2) Where can I find these?
3) Why are these not published under the same terms as the rest of
OpenJDK is?
Are these closed repos something different from the binary plugs in 2)?

> > It seems the source bundle also changed its name.
>
> You mean the 19_dec date? I think this is because the whole build
> process generates source bundle, executable, and binary plug, and
> Xiomara's script automatically republishes all of them into multiple
> pages.

Aha, yeah, that is probably it. I didn't have the old sources around, so
I couldn't compare. But since icedtea[7] is based on these source
releases the build broken when the source archive name changed.

Cheers,

Mark