The OpenJDK Developers' Guide - DRAFT version 0.01

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Wed Feb 20 11:36:05 UTC 2008

Hi Dave,

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 11:26 +0000, Dave Gilbert wrote:
> Wow, 45 mailing lists!  I also think that is too many, and I also missed
> the discussion of the guide which I am interested in.  Which mailing
> list is that discussion on?

On guide-discuss at openjdk.java.net. Which was actually in Iris email when
she announced the guide. So some blame does fall on the readers. But
that list isn't on gmane or nabble for example. And I only noticed it
because it was mentioned in Kelly's blog that I happen to see today.

There is some nice discussion on the guide, and I am happy with that. I
am really not complaining about the guide itself, or the discussion
about it, please do continue with that work! But please do consider not
creating yet another list for each and every thing to dicuss, it really
fragments the community.

Cheers,

Mark