JDK documentation

Debra Scott Debra.Scott at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 10 00:25:43 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I'd like to get people's thoughts on the documentation
for the JDK platform.

* How many people feel it is important for the the docs to be open
    sourced so the community can contribute to them?

  * How many people have seen at least one occasion
    where they would have added something to the
    documentation, or made a correction, if they
    had been able? (a large or small percentage?)

  * Given that we need documentation in a structured
    format that allows for content sharing and multiple
    delivery vehicles, does anyone have any recommendations
    for a system that is both easily editable, like a
    Wiki, and easily repurposable, like XML-structured
    docs?

  * If so, do people know of conversion tools, and/or
    would they be willing to help with conversions?

  * If not, would they be willing to participate in the
    development of such a system?

-Thanks for your feedback,
Debbie

--

Debra Scott                                 39 Golden Wheat Ln
Manager of Java SE Documentation            Wrightstown, WI  54180