JDK documentation

Mark Thornton mthornton at optrak.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 10:39:16 UTC 2008

David Holmes - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> But as I said in my other posting it isn't always that simple. What is
> a clarification for you in one method might introduce an inconsistency
> into how something is covered across the class.
>
> Any javadoc changes - beyond blatant typos and html tagging - need to
> be carefully considered, for correctness, clarity and consistency with
> other documentation.
>
> Cheers,
> David Holmes
Which is why a means of annotating JavaDoc would be so attractive. The
annotations wouldn't be in the source code but stored in a separate
database. The annotations (and/or their authors) might also be rated so
we could ask for just the AAA rated annotations to appear in the margins
or even none at all.

On DRY, if you have a note on the meaning of a null pattern parameter at
the top of a class, it would be helpful to have links from each relevant
parameter to that note.

Mark Thornton