New Project approved: JDK 6

Andrew John Hughes gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org
Tue Jan 29 21:28:09 UTC 2008

On 25/01/2008, Joseph D. Darcy <Joe.Darcy at sun.com> wrote:
> Dalibor Topic wrote:
> > Andrew Haley wrote:
> >>
> >> How very splendid!  Good news, indeed.
> > Yep, looking forward to see it developed out in the open.
> >
> > Joe, could you add a URL for the mercurial repository on the project's
> > web page?
>
> Hi Dalibor.
>
> I've sent out an email to the OpenJDK 6 dev list [1].  In summary, we
> won't have Mercurial repositories immediately; I'm working on the
> remaining Sun-internal processes to get the code out.  I'll add a link
> to the source bundles and Mercurial repositories once they are available.
>
> -Joe
>
> [1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk6-dev/2008-January/000000.html

I presume having this pass the JDK 6 TCK will require the Javascript
hole (and any other API facing ones) to be filled.  Is the plan just
to continue with the binary blobs 'solution' or is there an
encumbrance removing hunk of code heading to a Mercurial repository
near us soon?
--
Andrew :-)

Support Free Java!