Java2Demo and SwingSet2

Jeff Dinkins Jeff.Dinkins at Sun.COM
Fri May 16 14:03:09 UTC 2008

We didn't include SwingSet2 because we were deprecating it in favor of
SwingSet3, which wasn't quite ready... it is now, available here:

   https://swingset3.dev.java.net

Part of the problem with SS2 was a bunch of resources that we didn't
have rights to open source - hence we couldn't just toss it into the
mix without additional work, and since Amy was working on SS3 we
didn't feel it worth while to redo a bunch of things in SS2. Besides,
as the primary author of SS2 I can unequivocally say that Amy's SS3
code is far better thought out and superior.

jeff