JDK 7 build 27 is available at the openjdk.java.net website

Rob Ross rob.ross at gmail.com
Fri May 23 18:43:17 UTC 2008

Sorry to ask again, but I'm trying to learn how this works :)

I had read through the archives regarding the repository process
flow, and know there are several levels with gatekeeper repositories
before the "master" repository, which I thought was at jdk7/jdk. I
also thought that code does not get checked into this repository
until it's gone through several gatekeeper repositories and been
tested, reviewed, etc. So things would only get checked into master
in well defined circumstances.

If my understanding of the above is not correct than what follows is
also not correct. I understand about creating a changeset tag to be
able to recreate that code in that moment in time, but I didn't
understand where Xiomara said

"There is no difference in the code at this point.  Once integrations
start to flow into the master repositories then the two below will
defer, hence the reason to include the change set rev for this
particular build number."

Wouldn't any changes that flow into the master repositories be based
on code originally part of this tag, that had been tested, modified
if necessary, and eventually approved? So any such changes in the
master would be (excluding regressions) a positive development?

This is the opposite of how other SCM systems work, where the head/
top is usually in an unstable state due to active checkins, and you
want to pull a stable release tag that has been created to mark a
milestone during development - is this correct?

Rob Ross, Lead Software Engineer
E! Networks

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master." -- Commissioner Pravin Lal