Request for permission letter

Vitaly Mikheev vmikheev at excelsior-usa.com
Wed Oct 29 11:08:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm with Excelsior Java Team. Excelsior LLC has been a Java SE Licensee since 2005.

We would like to contribute some fixes in AWT native methods we have made in our implementation during these years. Basically, they were inspired by either support cases or our internal QA.

In addition, we've also discovered a few issues in HotSpot we found when using the Reference Implementation for reference (pun intended;). Despite our JVM is not a HS derivative, we want the issues to be fixed and contribute the necessary modifications.

However, SCSL does permit us to contribute to OpenJDK under SCA.

As mentioned in FAQ at

  http://www.sun.com/software/opensource/java/faq.jsp

we have to post a request here to resolve it.

Please send me the letter granting the necessary permission. The signed SCA has been already faxed.

Thanks.
--Vitaly