JDK 7 build 35 is available at the openjdk.java.net website

Andrew John Hughes gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org
Thu Sep 25 20:40:15 UTC 2008

On 12:22 Thu 25 Sep     , Xiomara.Jayasena at Sun.COM wrote:

> Thank you for your interest!
>
> Are you referring to the summary of changes here?
> http://download.java.net/jdk7/changes/jdk7-b35.html
>
> If so, apologies for the hotspot changes not being there.  Our hotspot team
> has been having difficulty updating the changes since they are using a new
> model.  They have promised that they will do better in ensuring their
> changes show up in the summary of changes, for future builds.
>
> Changes can also be tracked by going to the master repositories URL here:
>
> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/jdk7
>
> or after you have done an hg clone use hg log -v to see the changes.
>
> HTH,
> -Xiomara
>

> Clemens Eisserer wrote:
>> Just because of interest, any idea why there were no hotspot related
>> fixes in the changelog for some time?
>> Haven't there been any, or did they somehow got lost because of
>> structural changes?
>>
>> Thanks, Clemens
>>
>> 2008/9/12 Xiomara Jayasena <Xiomara.Jayasena at sun.com>:
>>
>>> The OpenJDK source is available at:
>>> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/jdk7
>>> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/jdk7/rev/143c1abedb7d
>>>
>>> The OpenJDK source binary plugs for the promoted JDK 7 build 35 are
>>> available under the openjdk http://openjdk.java.net website under Source
>>> Code (direct link to bundles: http://download.java.net/openjdk/jdk7)
>>>
>>> Summary of changes:
>>> http://download.java.net/jdk7/changes/jdk7-b35.html
>>>

>>> -Xiomara

Either b34 or b35 had an entire new HotSpot tool in, OSQL IIRC,
which meant we had to change the IcedTea build slightly because
it uses javax.script.

These lists still aren't complete, and it's a real pity, especially
when trying to integrate these in IcedTea.  I find out what's in the
build in reality by surprise, when a build failure hits me right between
the eyes.

And BTW, posting to a two week old post made me think b36 was here... :P
--
Andrew :)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net
PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint = F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8