OpenJDK and JNI -- licensing

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 08:47:44 UTC 2009

My only point was that I don't think that Sun's interpretation of
"linking", "derived work" and "classpath exception" is in accordance
with the FSF view of these terms, especially in the case of the
HotSpot shared library which is build from files licensed under both
"pure" GPL and GPL plus classpath exception.

I don't even understand how the HotSpot shared library itself can be
build in accordance to the FSF rules, because it obviously contains
statically linked files with two different licenses, one of them
beeing the GPL!

But I may be wrong here as I'm not a lawyer...