OpenJDK projects promoting proprietary builds

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Sat May 30 21:41:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:52, Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp.org> wrote:

> I might not have been clear. I would not object to having builds to
> compare against. In this case I was happy to see binary builds since I
> was seeing some failures in the nio2 jtreg results and wanted to make
> sure it wasn't local issues (admittedly my local builds are slightly
> hacked up). The problem is just that they aren't published under
> acceptable terms.

I would also like to see binaries built from the openjdk sources proper,
but Sun is under no obligation to do that, and the proprietary binaries
are in any case a valuable service for folks on both sides of the
source code freedom ideological divide (including myself),
so I would like to see them continue to be
announced on openjdk mailing lists.

Martin