OpenJDK Governing Board Minutes: 20011/4/21

Dr Andrew John Hughes gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org
Thu Apr 28 09:57:16 UTC 2011

On 28 April 2011 10:17, Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp.org> wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 05:52 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:00 AM, Dr Andrew John Hughes
>> <gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org> wrote:
>> > So in short, this unelected self-imposed board
>>
>> Please read this:
>>
>> http://www.scottberkun.com/blog/2010/how-to-convince-anyone-of-anything/

You're assuming I'm trying to convince.  As both Simon and Mark point
out, we've already tried that with the governance board and bylaws,
and seen no result.  We also been working on this project for four
years and we still have to put up with stuff like this.  I did spend
time thinking about how to put this (believe it or not), but nothing
but being rather blunt and direct seemed appropriate to express my
disgust at these actions.

I'm tired of being diplomatic and having to chase around after every
little decision.  I'd just like to be able to hack code in a friendly
community and make OpenJDK great.  At present, this project couldn't
be further from that.  If you wonder why there aren't many independent
contributors to OpenJDK, then this is it.  I wouldn't be contributing
to it if I wasn't being paid to do so.
--
Andrew :-)

Support Free Java!
Contribute to GNU Classpath
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath

PGP Key: F5862A37 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EA30 D855 D50F 90CD F54D  0698 0713 C3ED F586 2A37