OpenJDK bug database: DRAFT Developer Workflow

Kelly O'Hair kelly.ohair at oracle.com
Wed Dec 14 17:41:09 UTC 2011

Our management and my own preference on bug assignment is that engineers should only be
assigned to the bugs/rfes that they are actually working on.
I know this has been different for different teams, I have always found it silly to have
one engineer hundreds of bugs assigned to him, some for many many years, seems depressing to me.
Certainly at "Fix in Progress", an assigned engineer would be a requirement.
---
I'm ok with our traditional Defer and Fix Failed going away, seemed silly to me.
But "Fix Available" and "Fix Delivered" getting folded into Fixed...  Maybe that would be ok
if there was some kind of field to say where the fix was pushed to?
Also might be nice to know who pushed the changeset to where, but for the state just "Fixed" would be fine.
--
Spelling: "Quality can ont verify"
---

-kto