SAP joins the OpenJDK

Simonis, Volker volker.simonis at sap.com
Thu Jul 14 15:32:17 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I'm really happy that as of today, SAP has signed the Oracle
Contributor Agreement (OCA). This means that with immediate effect the
SAP JVM developers can officially join the discussions on the various
OpenJDK mailing lists and contribute patches and enhancements to the
project.

SAP is a long time Sun and now Oracle Java source licensee who has
ported the original Sun (now Oracle) JDK to all the 14 SAP supported
platforms (including the Oracle supported Linux/Windows/Solaris
platforms plus Win/IA64, AS400/PPC64, HPUX/PARISC, HPUX/IA64,
Linux/IA64, Linux/PPC64, Linux/S390, AIX/PPC64).

I'm sure this move will be fruitful and beneficial for both, the
OpenJDK community as well as SAP.

Looking forward to working with you,
Volker Simonis and the whole SAP JVM team