Project Proposal: JDK 7 Update

Dalibor Topic dalibor.topic at oracle.com
Fri Jun 17 10:47:37 UTC 2011

On 6/16/11 12:40 PM, Roman Kennke wrote:
> The JDK7 repositories would then become a dead end, right?

Yes.

> And the jdk7-update repos would become the new jdk7 development.

Yes. For rationale going beyond the draft Q & A, please see Mark's post
here:

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2011-June/001932.html

> Are you planning to branch off a new forest for each jdk7 update release as
> well?

Yes. For rationale going beyond the draft Q & A, please see Georges' post
here:

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2011-June/001935.html

> Another related thing that I was thinking about today is that the
> website that shows the repositories could be improved to only show the
> toplevel repositories of each forest and have an expand button to make
> the subrepos visible. This way the mess would be a little easier to look
> at.

Does hgweb support that?

cheers,
dalibor topic