Update on bug system for OpenJDK (web-discuss)

Roger Calnan roger.calnan at oracle.com
Tue May 31 03:14:41 UTC 2011

> So perhaps these semi-anonymous bug reports could go through some filtering procedure. And those, submitted by registered users might show up as real bugs immediately.
	an approach we would have considered taking if we had been able to implement it in the old system would be
to have a simple filter for the registered users.  If the bugs a user is submitting are being fixed then the later ones
should become "validated" more quickly, it is done today on a more manual basis as there are a set of developers
that we know provide good reports and so we make sure their reports go in as a bug asap.   As Alan points out
though developers should be able to see all the bugs, noise and all, it is just helpful to quickly identify those that
are more likely to be useful,

	Roger