Sonar analysis of OpenJDK 7 available

Kelly O'Hair kelly.ohair at oracle.com
Thu Nov 24 00:36:58 UTC 2011

Who gets to decide what the definition of "quality" here, or the configuration of what things to look for?
I see 1,285 "violations" for using extra parens, Really?  Things like  return (true);    are "violations"?

It seems like a very nice tool, we just need to be careful what we change and why.
I've trusted findbugs to do no harm when fixing what it reports, but I haven't found any other tool
I would trust.

The tool PMD would tell you a variable was not used, but fail to detect that it's assignment used
a method call that had critical side-effects. This tool seems to suffer from the same problem.
So people need to be very very careful here.

-kto