Enhanced metadata in Java SE 8

Mike Milinkovich mike.milinkovich at eclipse.org
Wed Aug 22 18:34:44 UTC 2012

Alex,

Thanks. But what makes no sense to me is that the Java 8 JSR337 stipulates that it is operating under version 2.7 of the JCP process, but the authority you reference is in the 2.8 version. How does that work?

Further, my reading of the transparency requirements in the 2.8 process _require_ an open issue tracker if the spec work is hosted elsewhere. Am I reading it wrong?

I'm not trying to be a problem child. I think doing spec and RI work in parallel and in open source is the right way to go. I just don't get how this intersection of JCP and OpenJDK processes actually works.

Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich at eclipse.org
+1.613.220.3223