Java End of Life Time

John Yeary johnyeary at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:11:39 UTC 2012

Why would we want to continue to support JDK6 when the community is focused
on JDK7, JDK8, and JDK9. There may a future in someone (company) other than
Oracle to provide the support from the OpenJDK side of things. However, I
think that the focus should be on getting companied to stay current.

John
____________________________

John Yeary
____________________________

<http://javaevangelist.blogspot.com/>  <https://twitter.com/jyeary>
<http://www.youtube.com/johnyeary>
  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jyeary>
<https://plus.google.com/112146428878473069965>
  <http://www.facebook.com/jyeary>
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/JavaEvangelistJohnYearysBlog>
  <http://netbeans.org/people/84414-jyeary>

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
that knows not victory nor defeat."
-- Theodore Roosevelt