Java End of Life Time

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 18:03:14 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 12:39, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org> wrote:
> can we trust use 7 for our production right now?
>
> and we know oracle push to 8.. but the 7 , is a to much hurry release..
> i think after post-acquzition, the upgrade getting more unfriendly (to fast)

I think you are spinning things any way you can to blame Oracle for
something. Sunwas blamed for taking too long between releases, now you
say Oracle is too fast...

Then you say you´d like OpenJDK 6 supported forever, next thing you´re
going to blame them for stopping support for Java 5...

Java is backwards compatible, you can run your JDK 5 code in Java 7,
and if it doesn´t work for some reason, then you have hit a bug. H*ck
you can even run Java 1.3 code under the latest greatest Java, and I
suspect even Java 1.1 applets still work (in fact I´ve used a few
dealing with 3D images).

FC

--
- George Orwell