Ubuntu 11.10 VM including OpenJDK Build Image

John Yeary johnyeary at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:46:28 UTC 2012

OK, I get it about the Kernel. However, a kernel OpenJDK is not. The Linux
kernel needs more to make it an O/S. An OpenJDK binary is a complete system
in about 68MB for OpenJDK 7 Mac PPC.

I do understand that the system is not currently configured with a CI. It
does make sense thought to have a CI with the build artifacts which people
can download. Even if it is only a limited set like the last 10 builds.
This sounds very appealing for a number of obvious reasons.

Yes, putting the bits up on a wiki did seem odd to me. I will link my bits
to my current storage account, but I will find a better solution.

Just a thought... we have jdk6.java.net, and jdk7.java.net... does it make
sense to have openjdk7.java.net for binaries from either Oracle, or
community folks?

John

____________________________

John Yeary
____________________________

<http://javaevangelist.blogspot.com/>  <https://twitter.com/jyeary>
<http://www.youtube.com/johnyeary>
  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jyeary>
<https://plus.google.com/112146428878473069965>
  <http://www.facebook.com/jyeary>
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/JavaEvangelistJohnYearysBlog>
  <http://netbeans.org/people/84414-jyeary>

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
that knows not victory nor defeat."
-- Theodore Roosevelt