Bug System Pilot Dev Workflow: DRAFT Accepted/Understood

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Thu Jan 19 19:07:48 UTC 2012

If by "process" you mean "accept" and leave lying around, maybe.
Since if you don't have an evaluated state then you really don't know
how well development
really processes bugs. Getting them into triaged/open tells you
something about incoming
rate (not everything since it ignores bugs that go straight to
incomplete or closed for some reason
such as being  a duplicate or will not fix, or not a bug etc). So
looking at "open" bugs
really tells you the ones that dev. is not really handling beyond the 2
minute triage.
Evaluated and other states, such as the closed state are what tell you
if they are really handled.

Tags are not the same as states or sub-states. They are free-form
keywords with no
guarantee of consistency and probably a lot less efficient to search on
too. So I
can't agree with anyone who tells me tags are a suitable replacement for
a state/substate.

-phil