YourKit Java Profiler Open Source License Request

Laurent Bourgès bourges.laurent at gmail.com
Tue May 7 07:25:02 UTC 2013

Jaroslav,

I like very much netbeans profiler and I use it since I adopted netbeans 6.

Recently (7.3) it happens sometimes that the socket connexion is lost with
the profiled application.

In pisces context, I use the bootstrap prepend option to inject my patched
classes into the openjdk jvm. Then netbeans is unable to instrument them.

Moreover, I use the instrument mode over sampling because I want accurate
method call counters and I advocate it is still difficult / obscure how to
tell netbeans which classes to instrument or set profiling points: it often
profiles nothing when I try tuning them.

If you have some time, could we talk using skype today ? I live in france
(gmt +1)

Laurent

Le 7 mai 2013 07:55, "Jaroslav Bachorík" <jaroslav.bachorik at oracle.com> a
écrit :

> Hi Laurent,
> what is exactly the problem with the NB Profiler's overhead. With
sensible settings in the instrumented mode it's pretty ok and when you use
the sampled mode it's on par with any other sample based profiler (eg.
Yourkit with default settings).

> If you need help with tuning the NB Profiler settings I can help (or
relay you to guys writing that tool).

2d-dev at openjdk.java.net [2d-dev at openjdk.java.net]