Permission Violation when trying to view bug JDK-8016309

Joseph Darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Tue Oct 1 21:42:11 UTC 2013

Hello,

On 10/1/2013 4:14 AM, Stefan Karlsson wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> On 10/01/2013 11:34 AM, Volker Simonis wrote:
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> thanks for the information. So does this mean that every bug report
>> which contains some kind of "internal" URLs will be marked
>> confidential automatically by the bug system? It would be interesting
>> to know which URLs are objected to avoid putting such URLs in a bug
>> report. Otherwise it may happen that I create a bug to which I will
>> have no access later on because it included such an offending URL.
>
> I'm not sure what the current proceedures are. Hopefully someone with
> more insight into this will answer.
>
> When JBS was opened all bugs with internal  URLs in the summary were
> marked as confidential. Internal URLs in the comments only hid those
> specific comments.

Right; since the description cannot be marked confidential, if the
description contained an Oracle-internal URL, the whole bug had to be
marked confidential rather than just an individual comment.

Offhand, I don't know the exact regex for the internal URLS, but
"www.oracle.com/*" is okay while URLs with Oracle-internal subdomains
are not. Most of the internal URLs in JBS are for website of internal
infrastructure, such as jprt jobs and a test running / reporting service
administered by our SQE team.

HTH,

-Joe