JDK 8: General Availability

mark.reinhold at oracle.com mark.reinhold at oracle.com
Wed Mar 19 23:11:47 UTC 2014

2014/3/19 8:47 -0700, Andrew Hughes <gnu.andrew at redhat.com>:
> Given the link to the binaries in the blog, I assume you're referring
> to the proprietary Oracle release and not OpenJDK?

I am referring to both the JDK 8 Project here in OpenJDK and to Oracle's
related binary products.

>                                                     There also seems to
> be a reference to at least one feature I believe isn't part of OpenJDK
> (Java Mission Control and Java Flight Recorder)

Correct.  My blog is not hosted on OpenJDK infrastructure, so I consider
myself free to mention proprietary features.  If that offends you, then
don't read my blog.

>                                                 and a lack of reference
> to at least one feature that I believe is (the PPC/AIX port).

The PPC/AIX port is not in JDK 8.

- Mark