Incorporating the Semantic Web into Java

Martijn Verburg martijnverburg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 17:59:54 UTC 2015

Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting here and it looks like interesting work! I suspect you
won't get many in depth replies here as the Java 9 code complete date is
flying in pretty quick, so I'll jump in.

My personal view is that the semantic web is not enough of a mainstream
Java developer concern that it would be desirable to be part of OpenJDK /
Java itself at this stage even for Java 9 or 10. Java is arguably
conservative in its approach to additions and tends to add support for
industry trends once they are well baked.

A good starting point would be to further  popularise your efforts as an
OSS project and have it become a defacto std used by 1000's+ developers
before going down the formal JDK Enhancement Proposal (JEP) process
sometime in the future.

Cheers,
Martijn

--
Cheers, Martijn (Sent from Gmail Mobile)