Introduction

Ahmed Ashour asashour at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 07:19:20 UTC 2015

Hi everybody,
Hope you are fine.
I am one of the developers of HtmlUnit, which is an open-source headless browser simulator in java (Chrome, FF, and IE). It supports JavaScript, DOM, CSS, etc.
My current OpenJDK interest is Nashorn, and the plan is replace Rhino with it, in the next months.
There are some general points I would like to take your opinion about:
    - What is the right place to ask about general/user Nashorn questions? As I guess nashorn-dev is not the right place for basic ones.    - Since the development is in JDK 9 mainly, what is commonly used IDE? Eclipse support for Java 9 [1] doesn't work at the moment.    - I believe the JDK source code should be a model, for all Java developers.  I guess there is no code style tool used, but I am not sure why.    - In Mercurial, what is the difference between jdk9/dev and jdk9/jdk9 [2]    - What is the list to post typos patch for 'javax.script' package [3], is it nashorn-dev or jdk9-dev?
Thanks a lot for your guidance.
Ahmed
[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Java9[2http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9[3http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/file/cce0dee6d995/src/java.scripting/share/classes/javax/script