Project Proposal: Trinity

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 16:49:45 UTC 2016

Hi Karthik,

we had project "Sumatra" [1] for this which is inactive since quite some time.
We also have project "Panama" [2] which, as far as I understand, is
also looking into auto-parallelization/vectorization. See for example
the "Vectors for Java" presentation from JavaOne which describes some
very similar ideas to yours.

What justifies the creation of yet another project instead of doing
this work in the context of the existing projects?
What in your approach is different to the one described in [3] which
is already, at least partially, implemented in project Panama?

Thanks,
Volker

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/sumatra/
[2] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/panama/