URL to review in commit msg?

Roman Kennke roman at kennke.org
Tue Jul 25 10:06:58 UTC 2017

Hello,

I found myself more than once in a situation where I looked up the
changeset that introduced a particular section of code using hg
annotate, and would have liked to read up on the discussion around it.
But there's no link to reviews anywhere, not in the commit msg, and not
in the bug entry either. At least, as far as I can tell. (please,
correct me if I'm wrong!)

It doesn't seem difficult to simply add the URL to the review thread
into the commit msg (or alternatively, to the bug entry).

Would that be something others would find useful too?

Alternatively (and I think this is being worked on since, dunno, some
years now), we could use an online review system that integrates with
Jira (I suspect Crucible would be the obvious candidate here?), and
which would record and link everything together. But until that happens...?

Cheers, Roman