Accelerating the JDK release cadence

cowwoc cowwoc at bbs.darktech.org
Thu Sep 7 19:10:18 UTC 2017

Netroby wrote
> please move to github . be more open. be more friendly. like c# .net on
> github . even python now opensource on github.

-1 for two reasons:

1) Users will file millions of low-quality bug reports. Take a look at the
Android bug tracker to see what I mean.
2) Git is harder to use than Mercurial and Github is horribly slow for
larger projects. I should know, my employer (who I will not name) uses
Github Enterprise and the experience is so frustrating it grinds the
development process to a halt. The server is sitting on a very powerful box
in AWS so I don't think this problem will be easy to resolve.

Gili

--
Sent from: http://openjdk.5641.n7.nabble.com/OpenJDK-General-discussion-f67169.html